You are here
Within the project, we aim to achieve the following results:
- Stopping the continuous decline of the population of Cantabrian capercaillie.
- Converting the Cantabrian capercaillie in a key species in the management of Special Protection Areas of the Cantabrian mountain range.
- Improve knowledge of the subspecies and its habitat.
- Improving the quality of habitat in the Cantabrian Mountains Spetial Protection Areas
- Identifying measures to reduce the pressure from predators on the subspecies in order to improve reproductive success.
- Identifying measures to reduce the pressure of competing on the subspecies.
- Operate the Breeding and Genetics Grouse Reserve Centre (Asturias, Cantabria).
- Creating a captive stock of the subspecies for reintroduction or reinforcement of populations.
- Releasing copies from the Breeding and Genetics Reserve Centre for reinforcement Cantabrian capercaillie populations.
- Facilitate the development of a land stewardship program as a tool to reconcile participatory land management with conservation and habitat enhancement.
- Get planning instruments and documents of best industry practices for habitat management.
- To raise social awareness and public participation on the status of the species and its problems.