You are here
C.8. Development of a land stewardship program in the Biosphere Reserves of the scope of the project
Aims: promoting land stewardship initiative in the Biosphere Reserve region in the Cantabrian Mountains, with the main aim of conserving the habitat and the populations of Cantabrian capercaillie.
Partner: Fundación Biodiversidad.
Description: this action involves developing a custody programme, as stipulated in preparatory action A.6. The programme is intended for the custody organisation involved that could carry out forestry work to the restore and improve the habitat, fire prevention action and actions related to hunting activity. Furthermore, we wish to promote the recovery of the traditional use of the land that is compatible with the conservation of the subspecies and to promote education and use of land custody to conserve the Cantabrian capercaillie and its habitat.
This activity can be carried out in the project action area, specifically, the areas that have been deemed SPAs in the following Biosphere Reserves:
- Os Ancares Lucenses y Montes de Navia, Cervantes y Becerreá (Galicia)
- Sierra de los Ancares Leoneses (Castile and León)
- Valle de Laciana (Castile and León)
- Valles de Omaña y Luna (Castile and León)
- Picos de Europa (Asturias, Cantabria and Castile and León)
- Las Ubiñas-La Mesa (Asturias)
- Muniellos (Asturias)
- Somiedo (Asturias)
- Redes (Asturias)